Some people experience severe anxiety when undergoing dental treatment. With sedation dentistry, it is possible to relax during dental procedures instead of being tense and fearful. Oral sedation dentistry, relaxation dentistry, conscious sedation and anxiety-free dentistry are all terms used to describe this type of treatment. In addition to alleviating anxiety, sedation dentistry can help patients with a variety of conditions.
You may want to consider sedation dentistry if you have any of the following issues:
- Strong gag reflex
- Fear of needles
- Sensitive teeth
- Fear and anxiety associated with dental treatment
- Difficulty getting numb
- A history of negative dental experiences
- Trouble controlling body movement due to Parkinson’s disease, Cerebral Palsy or related condition
- Need extensive dental treatment requiring lengthy dental visits
If you have avoided dental treatment due to any of these factors, give us a call at 717-367-1336. We can give you more information about sedation dentistry options and help you determine which one is right for you. At Elizabethtown Dental Associates we do all we can to make your visit as comfortable as possible. We look forward to discussing your oral health and dental goals.
- Dr. Ed White, DDS, sedation dentist
- Elizabethtown Dental Associates
- 100 Continental Drive
- Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania 17022
Serving Elizabethtown dental patients since 1984.
Personal Attention, Professional Excellence, Phenomenal Care